What is the cost of SEO in Nigeria? How much does SEO cost in Nigeria? What is the price? Questions like these regularly come up when you’re just about going through your first SEO optimization campaign with a Nigerian SEO agency.
It’s important to ask questions like this so that you don’t get cheated by being overpriced or underpriced (yes, being underpriced is a bad thing in SEO and I’ll explain why in a bit).
Why you need to pay for SEO
It’s important to know that SEO isn’t anything like running a Social media advert. It’s not an advert. It consists of a series of activities an SEO company in Lagos does on and off your website to make it more eligible to climb up the results page of Google search or any search engine for that matter.
As such, it’s a long-term marketing strategy every business owner needs to incorporate into their marketing plans.
Just in case you’re still sitting on the fence regarding optimizing your website for SEO, here are a few solid points emphasizing why you need SEO:
- SEO you do today can bring you leads and sales for up to 5 years to come. I should know because the SEO optimization I did for a social media client of mine since 2018 has brought them revenue of more than N8 million Naira to date.
- 89% of customers begin their buying process with a search engine. That means nowadays when most people want to shop, they first search online. And the two biggest search engines in the world are Google search and YouTube (and both are owned by Google).
- Google search is used by more than 80 million Nigerians. That means as long as you sell products and services that people can search online for, then there are potential customers out there for your business. All they have to do is find you.
ALSO READ: SEO Services in Lagos Nigeria: All You Need To Know
So how much does SEO really cost in Nigeria?
Different Nigerian SEO agencies have different formulas for how they price SEO. Let me break it down:
- Price per keyword: This is when an Agency charges you for every keyword you wish to rank for. For example, you can be charged N50,000 per keyword you wish to rank for. So if you wanted to rank for 10 keywords, you would be paying N500,000.
- Cost per month: This is when your SEO company charges you on a monthly basis for SEO services. Because SEO is a long-term investment, most agencies that charge using this pricing type prefer to price per month but for a couple of months at a time. This helps your SEO campaign to go on smoothly without interruption.
Agencies that use the second pricing type can cost anywhere from N100,000 to N400,000 per month, depending on the number of keywords and pages to optimize.
While this might seem high, I want you to remember that because SEO is not an advert, it means you don’t have to pay for it month in, month out. In the case of ads, the moment you stop paying for it, everything stops.
SEO isn’t so. As I mentioned earlier, SEO you do today can bring you leads and sales for up to 5 years to come without you spending an extra dime.
Cost of SEO in Nigeria: Beware of these companies
Let’s be honest with you: SEO is a very complex activity. And as such, it’s not cheap. So beware of any company that offers you SEO services at prices that look too good to be true.
The bulk of all SEO budgets go to an activity known as “link building” and because this is quite expensive to do effectively, SEO agencies have to charge as high as they do.
That is why opting for just any cheap SEO company is a very bad idea. In fact, they can have your website banned by Google due to some of the shady practices they get engaged in to cut costs. If that happens, your website will never rank for anything ever again.
RELATED: How Much Do SEO Experts Make In Nigeria? Find Out!
Richeerank’s cost for SEO services in Nigeria ranges from N50,000 per month for the basic Plan to N550,000 per month for the Premium Plan.
Each of these plans consists of various deliverables which contribute to the first-page visibility of your website.
We want to give you a limited-time offer to do a free SEO audit on your website. This audit will reveal all the SEO problems your website has that are hindering it from ranking on the 1st page of Google for keywords your potential customers are searching for.
This free offer is valid only until the end of this month. Click the link below to get your free audit now.